“I don’t LIKE food, I LOVE it. If I don’t LOVE it, I don’t SWALLOW!”
– Anton Ego from Ratatouille
This is one of our top 5 favorites around the traveling Dee homestead. The whole philosophy of my Hypnotic Weight Loss Program is that you can eat anything you desire. The fact that any food is off limits causes your brain to make you hold fat, crave fat and carbs and also causes you to be lethargic. It simply thinks you are in survival mode and wants to fatten you up. This recipe allows you to have something you crave while giving you No or VERY Low Fat. Plus it’s Vegan, and Chalked Full of Nutrients that allow you to feel full and satisfied on every level. Ok, enough fluff. Here is the simple recipe.
1 Head of Cauliflower
6 − 8 Garlic Cloves
1 TBS of Olive Oil
1 TBS of Onion Salt
Salt and Pepper to Taste
2 Large Zucchinis
or Wacky Mac if you don’t mind the pasta (we serve this to our kids sometime but we prefer the raw Zucchini noodles.)
You are encouraged to be creative but we used the following.
Head or Bag of Unfrozen Fresh Broccoli
1 Container of Portobello Mushroom Pieces
1 Cup or so of Sweet Cherry Tomatoes or cut up pieces
1. Saute’ broccoli and mushrooms using liberal seasoning of your choice and set aside. We try to use as much salt free seasoning as possible but we do still use some. Here is what we used.
2. Steam Cauliflower (cut or broken into manageable pieces), and whole cloves of garlic until tender (about 15 minutes).
3. Put Steamed Cauliflower and Garlic into blender with 1/2 cup of water, Olive oil and Onion Salt (use pasta water if making pasta) and blend until smooth. You may need more water but ADD IT SLOWLY to get the consistency you want in your sauce. Careful not to water it down too much. Salt and Pepper to taste (takes a fair amount). You can also use Vegan Butter instead of Olive Oil. We have used Coconut Butter and Smart Balance and they are good but we are fine with simple Olive Oil.
4. Cut your Zucchini into noodle shapes with machinery of choice. We use a Cuisine Art Food Processor and it does an AMAZING job but we have also used a $15.00 spiral slicer and we have used a plain old steak knife (Greene Shed Style Baby).
5. Lay it all out in an OH SO BEAUTIFUL spread so everybody within viewing distance will know you are a Vegan Master…..LIKE A BOSS!
- If your Vegan Alfredo Sauce doesn’t become smooth it is probably your blenders fault. We use a Vita-Mix and it whips into a creamy smooth consistency. Use what you have and you will still enjoy it even if its a bit lumpy, you can always upgrade later:).
- You can try experimenting with adding coconut milk (the canned kind) instead of olive oil or butter. We sometimes use it in recipes when we want a TRUE creamy consistency. Its high in fat but its good fat.
- Try putting your Coconut Milk Can (if you want to try using it) in the refrigerator and all of the cream will rise to the top and you could just at a spoonful or two
- Notice how you feel after eating this. You will fill FULL but not HEAVY. THAT is a magical thing!!!
Please CLICK BUTTON BELOW to SHARE THIS RECIPE on the Social Media site of your Choice. We are Grateful!!! 🙂